Hello! I am a little late on my wedding post (October 2nd was our actual anniversary), but better late then never! I was a little preoccupied celebrating our anniversary in California to post this on time. I will do a travel diary post so stay tuned!
A little bit about our wedding:
- We said, "I Do," at the Crystal Ballroom in Houston, Texas. The Crystal Ballroom is located in The Rice Lofts downtown. With booking your venue there, they have a wedding coordinator (Jamie Pupera) who has been in the business quite some time and she makes planning a wedding SO EFFORTLESS! She was beyond helpful.
- Sambuca catered the wedding. The food was mouth watering! I had several guests tell me that they were so impressed with how tasty it was! When you got to a wedding, you definitely want to have a good meal so having delicious food was on the top of our priority list.
- Our photographer was Jessi from Jessi Marri Photography. She is an expert at what she does! We have endless amounts of great photos to look back on. It was actually quite difficult choosing just a few photos to post on here because we have a good collection from her. It is so important to have a great photographer for your wedding because you are spending so much money on your big day, you want to be able to have amazing photos to look back on.
- I could not rave enough about our florsit, Pam, from A Cut Above Florals. She knew exactly what we wanted and helped us achieve it within our budget. Flowers truly make or break a wedding (in my opinion- you can never have enough flowers at a wedding), and she created the most gorgeous centerpieces and bouquets. When you walked in the ballroom, you could smell the flowers, and that is exactly what I wanted!
- Jessie from Edible Designs by Jessie baked our delicious wedding cake! She not only made it look beautiful, but it tasted scrumptious too!
- My dress was Olia Zavozina from Nordstrom. The Wedding Suite at Nordstrom has a variety of dresses in all different styles!
- My hair was done up by Adriana at Evolution 'Aire. She completely understand the vision I had and executed it perfectly! She also does other hair services other than weddings, so if you are in need of a hair stylist...she is your girl!
We truly enjoyed working with all of our vendors. Working with them was very easy and straight forward!
My husband and I were engaged for a year and five months before we got married. We both wanted to enjoy being engaged and not feel rushed on planning our big day. Our wedding began at 6:30 on a Friday evening and the reception went on until 10:30. It honestly felt like I blinked and the whole evening happened just like that! If you are planning your big day, enjoy every moment of the planning process because it will be over so quickly. My husband and I would make the planning process enjoyable and fun rather than stressful because at the end of the day, everything will turn out just fine! There is no need for stress when you should be your happiest! After our wedding we ventured off to Puerto Rico for our honeymoon! Hope you all enjoy just a little glimpse of our special day!